Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ponder anew, what the Almighty can do.

In the past week or so, I have found myself in a more urgent need to seek a greater amount of spiritual fulfillment. Ta-dah! I went to Stake Conference today. When you ask for good things, truly Heavenly Father answers our prayers.
I would like to share with you some of the notes I took at the meeting, particularly from a talk given by President Dishman. A member of the stake presidency, he was released today and gave an excellent talk about spiritual maturity. He gave ten attributes to better achieve spiritual maturity, and pointed out that the more childlike attributes we attain, the more progress we can witness.
1) innocence
2) humility
3) simplicity
4) faith
5) love
6) wisdom
7) leadership
8) accountability
9) dependability
10) self-mastery
President Dishman continued to teach that the benefits of fully learning and living these attributes will bring about these blessings:
1) Your faith will strengthen
2) You will see beyond your desires.
3) You will learn to better represent Christ.

I was so thankful to hear that talk! What a powerful witness to the divine calling that leaders have to teach and be in touch with the members of their stakes. I was so glad, and am so glad that I have infinite opportunities to sit at the feet of leaders who can teach me so eloquently.

No comments:

Post a Comment