Thursday, November 5, 2009

Family. Isn't it about time?

In my blog of uber cheesiness mixed with all of the bitter sarcasm I posses, I have thusly decided that today's blog post should discuss the people near and dear to my heart. My siblings. Now, as am I basking in reminiscence I feel it is appropriate to start out with a photo. All good blogs come with photos.
\
This picture was taken the day of Taylor's wedding.

Taylor
My darling brother is so smart! and kind, and cultured, and eclectic, and talented, and married to the sweetest gal ever. Brooke is perfect for him. Currently in a masters program of history, it is easy to recall the times he would talk about Napoleon during a car ride. He has always been a teacher, especially through his example. What else about Taylor? He loves classical music, listens to the BBC and played the bagpipes. It is because of Taylor that I love opera, follow election results and have an unexplained affection towards plaid. He has excellent wit, and oft times comes up with incredibly clever puns. We both love to cook and one time made blueberry muffins from scratch and then tried homemade tortellini! We are amazing. Funny Taylor moment: When he went to give the closing prayer in sacrament meeting without his shoes on. Our absent minded professor:)

Taci
Taci is a hoot. There really isn't another word for her. Maybe you could say she is a delight, but only on Sundays. Taci is also smart, loves to cook, has excellent taste, and is the most creative person I know. Much of my life has been about trying to do what Taci has done. She sings, draws, writes calligraphy, and of course is musical in every way. Married to a man named Jake (who I insist calling Paco for no apparent reason), they care about everyone around them, and show a consistent example of charity. My favorite memory of Taci doesn't really exist, there are too many. One time she did say "A five foot extension cord for 99 cents?! do you know how far you could go with that?" upon which I said, "yeah Taci, 5 feet." Hee hee, ten years later that is still hilarious.

Both of my siblings have been married in the Jordan River Temple, and have wonderful eternal companions. I am so thankful for their love and their willingness to do right everyday. I am so glad that you are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment