I am in college, and consequently live with people who don't load the dishwasher like Momma used to. Today is cleaning judgement day in humble S202, yes we have our quarterly cleaning check at 4 pm. Now, I am a clean person, like cleaning is a hobby of mine. I am so weird, I delight in gleaming surfaces and lemony scents. So while this is like Christmas coming early for me, I realize that this is not the case for everyone else in my life. As I was unloading the Dishwasher, I realized that I would love to have a Dishwasher Declaration neatly posted above my favorite sanitation appliance.
At risk of sounding like Marney click here(you should totally read that by the way... HILARIOUS)
I want to write a short list of rules regarding dish etiquette that we all should follow. Am I slightly insane? Yes, more than just a little.
1) ALWAYS rinse off your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
2) Tomato Sauce is the enemy, scrub until it is gone.
3) Baked-on stuff will not come off, but hooray for wishful thinking.
4) Orange Juice, Hot Chocolate, Dried Milk, and Sticky Soda residue also will not come off, if not properly rinsed.
5) Utensils should be placed in the basket eating side down, if your name is Mr. Fork or Mr. Spoon. If you are in anyway related to the Knife family, you should be placed eating/cutting side up, as to not dull the blade or harm the fragile plastic basket.
6) Dishwashers are mainly for sanitation purposes.
Okay that is my official statement regarding dishwasher usage. I am so glad I got that off my chest.