Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6, 2009

Today was a great day. It snowed! It is Sunday. I got to spend time with great people. I am listening to my roommate's extensive Josh Groban collection. I don't know how things could be much better. Sunday is my favorite day of the week because it is most often a time to focus on other people. There aren't many of the worldly distractions that prevail the other six days of the week, and the simple silence of slowing down can be savored. (I really love alliteration)
Today is the first day that has hit me as a Christmas season day. Perhaps it is the lights shining from other windows, or perhaps it was the first official snowfall. It felt like Christmas today because of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I love Christmas, because it makes strangers more Christlike. Even if they just call it the 'spirit of the season', it is the true nature of Christ that inspires people to care for one another. That is what I love about Christmas, caring for others when it doesn't seem weird.
This is my last week of classes for the Fall 2009 semester. I can't even believe how fast it has gone by. Two bouts of illness, countless papers, and five batches of brownies later; I feel old! There have been highs and lows, but I feel perfectly comfortable in saying that this 18 credit semester had aged me:) AND... I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment