Friday, January 1, 2010

Something Old, Something New

“The past is behind, learn from it.
The future is ahead, prepare for it.
The present is here, live it.”

- President Thomas S. Monson

Hooray for New Years! Really it just a good excuse to eat junk food for one last time before the healthy challenges of January start. My celebrations included watching movies and ahem... beading... with my Aunt Rae and Mommy Randi. It has been really fun to play with my family so much and I will really miss them when I go back to school. I have had many amazing dinners that I didn't have to cook!!! I dearly love cooking, but after a while its great to experience cuisine that I didn't have to originate.


(This is Aunt Rae, Mother and Me from last summer)(ya know, put names to faces)

2009 was quite a year! I spent it all in Provo, but football season was A-OK so I don't have any complaints:) I changed my major, turned 19, drove!!!, went to Disneyland and had 7 teeth removed. Friends got married, went on missions and moved away for school just like me. My amazing brother got accepted and is now in a masters program at the University of Utah. My sister got a teaching job in Idaho:) and my parents are just funny and traveling and sweet. Well Dad had knee surgery and is working really hard (we are so proud) and Mom is still working at Costco and sees everyone in Sandy.

2010 will be an even better year! I will turn 20 in three short months and I am officially a Junior at BYU credit wise. Haha, I still have forever before I can even THINK about graduation. I am moving to a new apartment with great new roommates, I am sure there will be many more blogs to come about my new girls! I have some resolutions, and if I type them I suppose that equals real commitment so here we go:

1) Buy a planner and USE it. I never write things down and with my aging female brain, well things have been getting harried. I do too many things to remember!

2) Compile all of my recipes in one place. I want a cute recipe box. Yup guess that means I need to go shopping sometime. That sounds hard.

3) Keep in better contact with loved ones. Facebook. Yes.

4) Read all of my assigned material in my English Classes. With a smile. And not in the dark (mr. contacts will say thank you).

5) Be healthy. Spiritually, Mentally, Physically.

6) Write blogs that aren't this long, and certainly of a higher quality.

7) Take more pictures!

8) Memorize all of the lyrics to a Michael Bolton song.

No comments:

Post a Comment