Friday, December 3, 2010

My first sign of brilliance was you.

I had to write a love poem for my creative writing class. Here it goes:

My first sign of brilliance was you.

“Hey there” – words I will never tire.
My life lights up when I hold your
hand. My heart beats a bit more
when you call me your own.

To my life and to my soul, I say
thanks everyday. My first sign
of brilliance was you. If our
love was tangible, it would display.

Love, heart, and affection only
in the best form. Hardy and
earthy – we are the meat and potatoes.
Quality of a Phillips screwdriver, no outsource.

My thoughts are you. My refined
respectability evident in my choice.
Better than ever, you are my library
of wisdom, a gorgeous catalog.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw this I thought, "He would make you write a love poem!" LOL. By the way, the phillips screwdriver part is my favorite, but that may have something to do with the fact that I just watched the movie "Outsourced". It was really cute and you should see it :)

    ReplyDelete