Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A life in review.

I used to love to blog, and I have failed to write for a really long time. I know that blogging is kind of a thing of the past, and in the end, not a lot of people have interest in a single twenty-something's life. That is okay, I blog for me. I am currently in some classes at BYU that have gotten me to write in new ways. Sure, I have to analyze Jane Austen and write lesson plans for teenagers, but I have also gotten to write to heal.

 I wrote a poem recently for someone I love very much who is in need of healing. Here it is:
 "Stay Inside"

 Baby girl, they didn't lie.
 It is cold outside.
Stay in, don't let the frost
fool you. That sparkle will blind you,
it won't bring Frosty back.
Spring will come, you'll feel
something soon. January only comes
so we'll notice how good
April feels.
Stay here. Stay warm.
Work on the inside. God can
take care of the outside.
Stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment